Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Home Sick

I think I have bronchitis. I'm obviously not at work today, which I hate! It's still a few hours until my doctor's appointment, so I'm just resting and pittling around my apartment. The cats are racing around and chasing each other. I could yell, "Stop that running!" but with what voice? Ha!
I made it through the workday yesterday (barely) and made the decision to take today off. Having been a substitute teacher myself, I can honestly say that I know how hard it is to be in a room with 28 strange 12-year-olds who look like they hate you!
Now I'm on the other side of the coin, as it were. I don't know if it's because I'm sick or what, but I was in my classroom getting ready for my sub until 8 P.M. last night! I just think that's hilarious! I had no idea when I subbed how much work went into leaving plans to follow or whatever. And honestly, it's really never quite taken me that long. Just goes to show that teachers shouldn't get sick. We should be men and women of steel because if we show weakness for a moment and catch the kids' nasty little germs, it's over with! We're stuck at home praying that the day goes well for the poor person stuck filling in for us.

No comments: